Chapman Radio is a community of students who share a common goal to enhance the quality of Chapman Radio.
All DJs and staff members must adhere to the following policies. We want Chapman Radio to be the best it can be, so any violations we encounter will lead to disciplinary consequences.
By having a Chapman Radio User Account, you agree to the following:
- Your Full Name will be displayed on the website and/or Chapman Radio promotional materials.
- Your Profile Picture will be displayed on the website and/or Chapman Radio promotional materials.
- Your Email Address will not be displayed on the website or Chapman Radio promotional materials. It will be used by staff members to communicate with you about your show, account information, and for other notifications.
- Your Phone Number will not be displayed on the website or Chapman Radio promotional materials. It may be used by a staff member in order to communicate with you if email is not an viable method of communication in certain cases. It may be used to show your name to currently broadcasting, authenticated DJs if you text or call into the show.
- Your Chapman Student ID will not be displayed on the website or Chapman Radio promotional materials. It will be used only by the general manager in order to grant you access into the studio.
- Chapman Radio reserves the right suspend your account at any time without notice for actions deemed inappropriate by Chapman Radio Staff. Inappropriate actions include but are not limited to:
- Uploading pornographic, obscene, vulgar, or hateful images
- Abusing privileges to access the Chapman Radio Broadcasting Studio
- Show cancellation as a result of the "3 Strikes Policy" (detailed below)
All members of Chapman Radio, both in the Class and in the Club, must adhere to the current syllabus.
By having a show on Chapman Radio, you agree to the following:
- You are required to keep an updated Show Profile, which includes but is not limited to: a profile picture, show name, description, and genre information.
- You are required to attend Weekly Workshops, which are meeting that occur at 10pm on Wednesday night. Absences will be excused only if they are approved beforehand by the attendance manager.
- Your show will receive Infractions, or "strikes" for the following violations:
- Show Absence: If you do not show up for your designated show time, you will receive an official infraction, or "strike". We use an automated system to keep track of attendance. You are required to sign in while you're in the studio at http://chapmanradio.com/dj/live. If you are unable to make your scheduled time, then you must request an excused absence prior to the start of your show.
- Show Tardiness: The website keeps track of the exact time in which you sign in to your show. For every 3 occasions in which you sign into broadcast your show over 5 minutes late, then you will be given 1 official infraction, or "strike". Tardiness may be excused in extenuating circumstances by authorized staff members.
- Workshop Absence: Staff members record attendance at weekly meetings. For every 2 occasions in which you do not attend, then you will be given 1 official infraction, or "strike".
- Inappropriate Conduct: Chapman Radio may issue an official infraction, or "strike" for actions that a staff member deems inappropriate (for instance, profanity on air). Some offenses may result in suspenstion from Chapman Radio or you may be referred to Chapman University Conduct.
- Your show is subject to the 3 Strikes Policy. Recieving a strike (detailed above) will result in the following disciplinary action:
- Official Warning: For the first infraction, you will receive an email warning you that you received the strike. This is like a freebee, since we know everyone has off-days.
- Account Suspended: For the second infraction, your account will be suspended, until you login to the website and reenable it. This is just us making sure you still want to broadcast, and that you are fully aware that you have the strikes.
- Cancellation: For the third infraction, your show will be cancelled. Your show will not appear on website and you will not have access to studio. If you were enrolled in Chapman Radio as a class, you will receiving a Failing grade.
- Excused absences are granted on a case-by-case basis by the Attendance Manager and/or General Manager. You will not receive official infractions, or "strikes", for any absences that are excused. You may request an excused absence for a show or a weekly workshop by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.