Welcome to Chapman Radio! We're a small online radio station, run completely by students at Chapman University, located at One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866, United States. We broadcast online, 24/7 from chapmanradio.com (the "Website"). In addition to our main website, we also sponsor Events, offer Promotions, and provide other Services (together "Services"). In general, by visiting the Website or using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms, in addition to any supplementary terms included throughout the Services.
- You must follow any policies or requirements that we put forth to you.
- You must be truthful, to the best of your ability, in all communication and responses with us.
- You must not misuse, attempt to circumvent any security within, or interfere with our Services.
- You must only use our Services in the manner that we provide
- You must only use our Services as permitted by law or applicable regulations
Usage of the Services
- In general, our Services are provided Free of charge, except where otherwise specified.
- You are not granted any ownership or intellectual property rights by using our Services
- You may not use content from our Services without written permission from its owner, or otherwise permitted
- You may not use our logos, branding, or other intellectual property
- We may post or send announcements or messages regarding our Services; you may opt-out of most communication
- You could use our Services on mobile devices; however safety comes first, and you must not use our Services in a way that distracts you or could bring harm to yourself or others
Third Party Content
We may display or provide content that we believe we have been granted a license to do so. In many cases, that content remains under the sole ownership and responsibility of the entity that provided it to us. We may review or refuse to display any content at our discretion, however we have no responsibility to review any content to to verify the license that we were issued. Please Contact Us if you believe we should not be providing any piece of content, for example for copyright, legal, or other reasons. In compliance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement, and will attempt to protect the interests of copyright holders when possible.
Chapman Radio offers our Users a unique opportunity to broadcast their own show, with few restrictions on content. As such, we cannot be responsible for the content of our shows. Our role is limited to broadcasting (streaming) the show, and storing a recording of the show for download or streaming. We allow our users to provide information about their show and its episodes, however we do not monitor or approve this content. You may Contact Us if you have a concern about any content within our Services
You may have an opportunity to create a user Account with us. You are responsible for everything that happens using your account, and for keeping your account secure (for example, by protecting your password). You are also responsible for keeping your user Account up-to-date, and keeping any and all show profiles up-to-date. If you suspect unauthorized use, Contact Us. In providing our Services, may publicly display your name, photo, or other information you provide. However, we will never sell your information to other companies. By creating a user Account, you agree that we may contact you from time to time, using various contact methods you provide.
- Your Full Name and Profile Picture will be displayed publicly
- Your Email Address will not be displayed publicly on the website, or in Chapman Radio promotional materials. It may be used to communicate with you in regards to Chapman Radio. You must provide your personal Chapman University provided email address.
- Your Phone Number will not be displayed publicly on the website, or in Chapman Radio promotional materials. It may be used to communicate with you in an urgent situation, or in other cases. You may also receive text messages to your mobile phone regarding your show. Messaging rates may apply. If you choose to use your mobile phone to text into the station, your name may appear next to your phone number when displayed to the current live DJ.
- Your Chapman University Student ID will not be displayed on the website or Chapman Radio promotional materials. It will be used to grant access to the station, in coordination with Chapman Public Safety and Telecom.
You may have an opportunity to broadcast a show with Chapman Radio. This opportunity is available only to currently enrolled students at Chapman University, or other situations on a case-by-case basis. Everyone with a show is a part of the Chapman Radio Club. This requires you to create a user Account, and fill out an online Show Application, available during specific time windows throughout the year. Your show will be approved and scheduled, or rejected, at the complete discretion of Chapman Radio and its Staff. You may also be able to take a course at Chapman University the ("class") to earn credit for having a show with Chapman Radio. Anyone with a show, either in the class or the club is required to also abide by our current syllabus, which includes attending specific required Weekly Workshops (Wednesday nights at 10pm)
We use a 3 strike system to ensure that all our users and shows contribute to Chapman Radio. You are required to inform the attendance manager of any absence as soon as possible, and no later than 15 minutes before a meeting or 12 hours before a show. Late excuses will never be approved. Approval of any excuse is on a case-by-case basis and always subject to the discretion of the attendance manager. The penalties for receiving strikes are as follows:
- Official Warning: If you receive 1 strike, you will receive an email warning (from email@example.com) that you that you received the strike.
- Account Suspended: If you receive 2 strikes, your account will be automatically suspended. You must login to the website, and read and agree to the notice that appears, and your account will be instantly re-enabled. This is your final warning, and our way of making sure all our DJs are aware that they will lose the privilege of broadcasting with an additional strike.
- Cancellation: If you earn 3 strikes, any and all shows you have with us will be cancelled for the remainder of the broadcast season. Your show will not appear on website and you will not have access to the studio. If you were enrolled in Chapman Radio as a class, you will receive a Failing (F) grade.
You can earn a strike in any of the following ways. Strikes compound between all of your shows. In addition, Chapman Radio reserves the right to suspend your account at any time without notice for actions deemed inappropriate by Staff
- Show Absence: If there is no record of a member of your show signing your show into the site 'DJ Live' portal for a designated show time, all members of the show receive one strike. This is an automated, secured system, and it can only be used from the computer in the station.
- Show Tardiness: The website keeps track of the exact time for each sign-in. For each three (3) instances of a late sign-in for a particular show, each member of the show will receive one strike. There is a grace period of 5 minutes
- Workshop Absence: Staff members record attendance at weekly meetings. Some meetings are designated as required for everyone, others just the class or new DJs. This is documented in the current syllabus. For every instance in which you are not recorded as being present, you will receive one strike.
- Workshop Tardiness: The website keeps track of the exact time a staff member records your attendance. For each three (3) instances of a late sign-in for a meeting, you will receive one strike. There is a grace period of 5 minutes. In the event there is a line for attendance at the end of the grace period, everyone in line at that time will be marked as on time.
- Inappropriate Conduct: Chapman Radio may issue an official strike for actions that a staff member deems inappropriate (for instance, profanity on air). In rare cases, inappropriate conduct could result in suspension from Chapman Radio or you may be referred to Chapman University Conduct.
You may have an opportunity to create new content or provide your existing content using our Services. Basically, what belongs to you stays yours. Namely, you retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. However, in order to provide our Services, we require that you grant us a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. If required to provide our Services, we may need to grant derivative licenses to other parties. This license and any derivatives continue even if you stop using our Services. You are responsible for ensuring you have the necessary rights to grant this license for any content you create or provide.
Regarding Software and Technology
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. We may modify these terms at any time, however in general these changes will not apply retroactively. If you do not comply with these terms, and we don't take action right away, this doesn't mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future). If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not agree to the terms or modified terms for our Services, you must discontinue your use of our Services. You can stop using our Services at any time. We may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time, possibly without any advance notice. We provide our Services to the best of our abilities, however we don't make any promises.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER CHAPMAN RADIO NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON'T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES "AS IS". SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES. WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, CHAPMAN RADIO, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF CHAPMAN RADIO, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN). IN ALL CASES, CHAPMAN RADIO, CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.